Weight Loss Trick: Late breakfast and dinner before 6 p.m. double important fat loss

Weight Loss Trick: Late breakfast and dinner before 6 p.m. double important fat loss

We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

What influence does the time of eating have on fat loss?

Many people have problems with their weight. Obesity and obesity are on the rise worldwide. Researchers have now found that simply changing the time you eat breakfast and dinner can reduce body fat.

In their current study, the University of Surrey scientists observed a reduction in body fat in people who eat breakfast later and consume dinner earlier. The researchers published their study results in the journal "Journal of Nutritional Sciences".

Meal time can have a significant impact on body fat

The times when we eat our meals can have a significant impact on body fat, experts say. The researchers found this in a ten-week study on temporary food intake. Unlike other studies on this particular form of intermittent fasting, participants were not required to follow any particular form of diet or diet and could eat whatever they wanted as long as meals were within a certain time window.

How was the study carried out?

The scientists divided the subjects into two groups: a control group, who ate their meals as usual, and another group who had to eat breakfast 90 minutes later, while also having dinner 90 minutes earlier. Each participant kept food diaries throughout the experiment, provided blood samples, and then filled out a questionnaire.

With the right timing, almost twice as much body fat could be lost

The results of the study showed that those who consumed their meals within a certain time window lost on average more than twice as much body fat as those in the control group. The responses to the questionnaire showed that 57 percent of the study group participants also noticed a reduction in their food consumption, either due to reduced appetite or reduced snack or snack consumption due to the shorter time they were allowed to eat.

Subjects had trouble keeping up with the timing of their diet

Following the study, the researchers investigated whether this form of intermittent fasting was sustainable in the long term. However, more than half (57 percent) of the subjects from the fasting group said that they could not maintain their restrictive eating window because it was incompatible with their family and social life. On the other hand, 43 percent said they would maintain the meal plan if there was more flexibility in meal times.

Slight changes in meal times are beneficial for the body

Although it was only a small study, it nevertheless provided valuable insights into how slight changes in meal times can be beneficial for the body, explains study author Dr. Jonathan Johnston of the University of Surrey in a press release on the study results. Reducing body fat reduces the likelihood of becoming obese and related illnesses. So reducing body fat is critical to improving overall health.

Further studies on limited food intake will follow

However, as found in the test subjects, fasting for many participants is difficult to adhere to and is not always compatible with family and social life. It must therefore be ensured that such a form of nutrition is flexible and adapted to real life, because the potential benefits of such a diet can be clearly seen. Preliminary results are now being used to design larger, more comprehensive studies on temporary food intake, the study's authors say.

Controversy about intermittent fasting

This is not the first time that intermittent fasting has been linked to promoting fat loss. In 2012, for example, the so-called 5: 2 diet gained popularity. With this form of nutrition, the week is divided into five normal days of eating and two sober days, where food intake is limited to 500 to 600 calories. However, this diet has caused considerable controversy. Because some doctors believe that such a form of nutrition could increase the risk of diabetes and not reduce the risk of heart disease, as claimed in a previous study. (as)

Author and source information

Video: The Only Diet Plan That Ayurveda Recommends Men u0026 Women (October 2022).