We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Germany starts the pollen season
The exhausting season is already beginning for allergy sufferers. At the moment, hazel and alder pollen are floating through the air almost all over Germany, the warm and mild weather will exacerbate the situation. These tips can help allergy sufferers in the coming weeks.
Hazel and alder are just about to bloom
As a precaution, pollen allergy sufferers should put in handkerchiefs in the coming days. The main bloom of hazel and alder is still pending, but some pollen is already on its way, says Christina Endler from the Center for Medical Meteorological Research of the German Weather Service. The dry and warm weather will increase the pollen count.
Nationwide exposure to hazel and alder pollen
The pollen count hazard index of the German Weather Service (DWD) warns almost nationwide of medium exposure to hazel pollen, there are only a few exceptions in southern Germany. According to the forecast, the alder also causes a low to medium burden, especially in the north and in the middle of Germany.
Ash and birch follow in March and April
Endler explains with the different plant growth that allergy sufferers in Bavaria and other parts of southern Germany can still breathe freely. In large parts of Bavaria and at high altitudes, it was still too cold and snowy in the past few weeks, which meant that nature could not develop so far there. According to the experts, allergy sufferers must then prepare for ash and birch, these trees bloom in March and April.
Rising trend among people with pollen allergies
More than 15 percent of people in Germany have a pollen allergy, and the trend is rising. The consequences range from a runny nose to conjunctivitis to asthma. The severity of the symptoms is directly related to the concentration of pollen in the area.
Anyone who suspects an allergy should clarify it and have it treated if in doubt. Otherwise the so-called floor change threatens: A hay fever develops an allergic asthma in about 40 percent of those affected within ten to fifteen years.
Tips for avoiding unnecessary pollen pollution:
- Note pollen flight forecast.
- Make nasal douches daily
- Wash hair every night before going to bed.
- Wash face several times a day.
- Do not take off street clothes in the bedroom.
- Wash bedding regularly.
- Exchange carpets and carpeting for laminate or parquet.
- Hang up wet towels in the apartment - these catch pollen.
- Keep the window closed - ventilate in the country between 7 p.m. and midnight, in the city between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m.
- Do not stay outside too long during the season.
- After a downpour (with a slight time interval), go outside and enjoy pollen-free air.
- Avoid busy roads - pollutants polluted by exhaust gas work
- Keep the window closed when driving.
- Have the pollen filter installed in the ventilation system of the car.
- Adjust your vacation to the pollen season and prefer to go to the sea or the mountains.